When to Apply
Garrison Forest accepts applications at any time but we urge families to apply by early January of the winter preceding their fall entrance date.
A Completed Application Requires:
- A Residential Application Form (see right-hand column) and application fee of $50 (U.S. citizen) and $80 (non-U.S. citizen)
- A transcript of academic work for the last two years
- Two evaluation forms: one from your current Math teacher and the other from your current English teacher
- An on-campus interview with both the applicant and parent/guardian (Please note that we do not offer phone interviews)
- A writing sample (short answer questions)
- An International Student Supplemental Form (see right-hand column)
- Results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
The Enrollment Process
For all applications completed by early February 2014, the Admission Committee will make a decision regarding your candidacy by early March, 2014. If you are accepted and choose to enroll, your family must complete two important steps to ensure your enrollment at GFS:
- Sign and return one copy of the Enrollment Agreement.
- Send full tuition amount by Wire Transfer to Garrison Forest School.
Please contact the Admission Office for Wire Transfer Information.
An I-20 will be issued only after we receive both your Enrollment agreement and your full tuition amount. We will then begin to send you the information and forms necessary for finalizing your registration.
If a student is unsuccesful in obtaining an F-1 visa, Garrison forest will refund the full tuition amount.
Tuition and Additional Expenses
The 2013-2014 tuition for a Boarding student is US $48,200. An additional US $5,000 in expenses (uniforms, books/supplies, laundry, and monthly allowance) should be anticipated by each family.
College preparatory curriculum in the following subject areas: English, foreign languages (Spanish, French, and Latin), Mathematics, Science, History, Computer, Arts and Humanities, A.P. courses offered in every academic discipline.
We strongly encourage that all students attend a summer program for English as a Second Language (ESL) in the United States prior to beginning study at Garrison Forest. We require each student who speaks English as a Second Language, to work with our ESL teacher at an additional cost to each family. The tutorial classes do not interfere with other academic subjects, sports, or extracurricular programs.
Upon arrival at our campus, all newly enrolled students who speak English as a Second Language will be assessed by our ESL teacher. Students will be enrolled in the proper level class and families will be billed accordingly. Costs range between $675 to $985 per semester.