Garrison Forest School is a private, independent girls' school in Baltimore County, Maryland with an elementary, middle and high school program, coed preschool and national and international boarding program for girls in grades 8-12. Our nationally ranked equestrian program is a vital part of the GFS community and our athletics program. GFS riders become self-sufficient and to do all of their own tacking up, grooming and preparation for competition and daily riding. Continue reading to learn more about donating a horse to the GFS riding program.
Horse Donation Information
- Complete the Prospective Horse Donation Application
- The Director of Riding will contact you regarding your horse
- Horses may need to be evaluated by GFS equestrian staff during a trial period prior to being accepted into the program
- Additional information to note:
- Horses must have a current coggins and be up-to-date on vaccines & deworming
- GFS is primarily a hunter/jumper/equitation program
- Horses donated for a value over $5,000 must be appraised by a qualified equine professional (GFS can recommend an appraiser if needed)
- Once the horse is accepted into the program additional paperwork will follow
Thank you for your interest and consideration to donating your horse to our program. If you have additional questions or need more information please contact the Director of Riding Rick Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-559-3450.