This is where your child's academic adventures begin!
The Preschool at Garrison Forest is a truly special place, from our dedicated teachers and the amazing 110-acre campus to the strong curriculum that provides a critical foundation for your child. Our unique position as one division of a school that extends through Lower School and Middle School to an excellent college preparatory Upper School means we can offer an educational program for young children that takes full advantage of the richness of the school as a whole, all while the development of each and every student is being nurtured. The Preschool at GFS honors individual needs and celebrates the joy of learning that we find in each of our students.
Did you know that 90% of a child’s brain development happens before the age of 5? This is the time to invest in your child’s development and future success, and The Preschool at Garrison Forest is the perfect place for them to learn, grow and thrive.
We offer a 5-day, full-day (8:00 AM-3:00 PM) program, with the same two teachers in each classroom each day.
- Mornings are time for academics, with a focus on early literacy, math, and social-emotional skills with a multisensory approach.
- In the afternoon, enrichment experiences are led by student interest (topics may include cooking, yoga, dance, building, outdoor adventures etc.).
- Special-area classes are taught by the same faculty who teach in our Lower School:
- Twos: Music and PE
- Threes: Music, PE, Spanish, Library
- PreK: Music, PE, Spanish, Library, Art and STEM
- Our Preschoolers have full access to our campus and are included in many campus-wide activities. We often have Upper School students volunteering in our Preschool.
- The school day begins at 8:00 AM, with the earliest drop-off at 7:30 AM; aftercare is available until 6:00 PM (additional fees apply; not available for students in our Twos program)
- Our Preschool follows the academic calendar, and we also offer a robust summer program with many options for students 3 and up (additional fees apply).
We welcome you to see the day-to-day for yourself where one helpful gesture and one cheer come together to build the relationships that make the Preschool at Garrison Forest an experience like no other.