In addition to our need-based financial aid awards, Garrison Forest offers two scholarship programs:
Legacy Scholarship Program
Since its earliest days in 1910, boarding at Garrison Forest School has been a treasured tradition. Generations of Alumnae have benefited from the enriching experience of learning and living at Garrison Forest.
Garrison Forest offers two merit-based legacy scholarships for any new student or current day students entering Grades 8-12 to board at Garrison Forest. Alumnae daughters, granddaughters, or nieces are eligible to apply. Scholarships are renewable each year with good academic standing.
- Who is eligible?
- What is the award?
- Why board at Garrison Forest as a Legacy Scholar?
- How does my family apply?
- May I visit Garrison Forest with my family member who is interested?
- Lifelong friendships forged in the dormitories
- The continuation of a family tradition, one shared with many GFS alumnae
- A gorgeous, 110-acre campus with collegiate-level facilities
- Unique experiences from evening and weekend activities, which further intellectual curiosity, inspire personal growth, develop leadership skills, and prepare for college life as only a boarding community can
- Close connections with residential faculty dedicated to our on-campus community
There is no separate application required. Families applying for the first time should complete the boarding application process, and contact Catie Gibbons at (410) 559-3137 or email@example.com to let her know of your interest.
Current GFS families in Grades 7-11 do not need to complete a new application. Contact Catie Gibbons to let her know of your interest.
Merit Scholarship Program
In addition to our need-based financial aid awards, Garrison Forest offers a small number of merit scholarships to incoming 9th graders. These merit awards recognize students who demonstrate an exceptionally high level of academic achievement in combination with positive contributions to their school and community. We seek students who personify our motto, Esse Quam Videri – To Be Rather Than To Seem.
Students do not need to complete any additional paperwork aside from the admission application in order to be considered as a Garrison Forest Scholar.
- All new 9th grade day and boarding applicants who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Students who complete all aspects of the application process by January 31st, including teacher recommendations and essays
- Students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement as seen on academic records from their current school and comments on their teacher recommendations
- Students who earn a combined SSAT scores of 2000 or higher, or an average ISEE score of 85% or higher
- Students who show positive engagement and leadership in their current school community through arts, athletics and service
- Students who are U.S. citizens
Garrison Forest Scholars are renewed each year assuming that they maintain a high academic standard and contribute positively to the Garrison Forest community. Recipients are not prohibited from obtaining additional financial assistance if they qualify.
Students who receive scholarships will be notified with the admissions decision letters in mid-February for day students and early March for boarding students.