WELCOME TO GARRISON FOREST
We're so excited that you're joining us! Please bookmark this page as we will update it with all of the information you need to begin your Garrison Forest adventure. Forms, health information and additional start-of-school details will be added as well as emailed to you during the first week in June.
If you have questions or if you don't see something you think you might need, please know the Admission Office is always here to help you.
- All Families
- Preschool Families
- Lower School Families
- Middle School Families
- Upper School Families
- Boarding Families
Flynn & O’Hara Uniforms
Loch Raven Plaza
923 Taylor Avenue
Towson, MD 21286
The School Store sells leggings, GFS white polo shirts, GFS shorts, P.E. tee shirts and a selection of GFS navy blue sweatshirts and fleece pullovers, which are regulation for uniform. Any non-navy GFS top or outwear is NOT to uniform code, including team shirts.
School year hours:
Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - noon
Kerry Myers, Manager
Gently used uniforms:
Organized and run by the Parent Association, hours are as posted or by appointment. Grizzly Gear is cash and check only. All proceeds benefit the Parent Association. Donation boxes are in each division. Grizzly Gear is located in the basement of Meadowood.
August 29 Preschool Orientation for 5-Day and 3-Day Twos, All Threes and Pre-Kindergarten,
8:30-10 or 10:30-12
August 30 Preschool Orientation for 2-Day Twos and Split Groups for 5-Day Twos, 5-Day Threes and Pre-K, 8:30 - 10 or 10:30 – 12
August 31 Split Groups for 3-Day Threes and 3-Day Twos, 8:30 - 10 or 10:30 - 12
First Day for 5-DayTwos, 5-Day Threes and Pre-K
Lunch Bunch starts
September 4 Split Groups for 2-Day Twos,
9 - 9:45 or 10:00 - 10:45
September 5 First Day for 3-Day Twos and 3-Day Threes
September 6 First Day for 2-Day Twos
September 18 Parent/Toddler begins
- Orientation: Wednesday, August 29
- Optional Locker Move-In, 9:00 - 10:00 AM: It is recommended that students take advantage of the optional locker move-in time before the Orientation program begins. Students may get their locker shelf at Target, Walmart, Home Depot, Beth Bath & Beyond or simply ordering from Amazon with the link provided in the Supply List.
- Orientation for all Students and Parents, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Orientation for all new and returning students and parents is Wednesday, August 29. Mandatory Orientation for all parents and students (new and returning) will give a chance for everyone to meet advisors, teachers, administrators and classmates. Students are not in uniform this day.
- Special Program for All 6th Grade and New 7th & 8th Grade Students, 12:00-2:00 PM: A special program for all 6th Grade students and new 7th and 8th Grade students will provide the chance to meet more teachers, learn additional routines and expectations of the Middle School, get tours, participate in a question/answer session and begin to bond with fellow classmates. Students need to pack a lunch to eat between the morning Orientation session and this special program.
- All Families New to Middle School (All 6th Grade, New 7th & 8th Grade) Optional Luncheon with Head of Middle School Tung Trinh and Current Families, 12:00-2:00 PM -- All parents that are new to the Middle School (6th Grade, new 7th & 8th Grade) are invited to join Tung Trinh, Head of Middle School, along with some other returning families for a casual lunch with Q&A and to get to know some of the other new parents. Lunch will be served in the Dining Hall.
- Dismissal for Returning 7th & 8th Graders, 12:00 PM
- Dismissal for All 6th Grade and New 7th & 8th Grade, 2:00 PM
- First Day of Classes: Thursday, August 30
- Our first day of classes will begin on Thursday, August 30 at 8:00 AM. Please note: although we typically have 9:00 AM start times on Thursdays, we will stick to a normal schedule for this first day of classes.
PHONE: (410) 559-3111
FAX: (410) 363-8441
8 AM to 4:30 PM (During the academic school year)
9 AM to 4:00 PM (During the summer and school vacations)
Lauren was the recipient of the 2018 Stanley I. Panitz Award.
Find out where our Seniors are headed to in the fall.
GFS students took home several prizes at the annual Gilman Film Festival
The Garrison Forest Equestrian program hosted its first BCHSA show of the year on May 12.
Upper School Chamber Choir won best overall choir and Middle School Chorus received a 1st Place trophy!
A group of students visited the museum as part of a weekend activity.