Explore the Possibilities
Garrison Forest’s Athletic program offers student-athletes many opportunities to compete and develop. A strong sense of integrity, self-esteem, cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility, loyalty and a sense of contribution—all of these are traits that are important not only in athletics, but in meeting any daily challenge. Whether trying a new sport or training for the highest levels of competition, Garrison Forest athletes find the support and encouragement they need to excel.
GFS provides students with many opportunities to compete in a sport at a level appropriate to the student's skill and experience while keeping safety in mind.Through participation on a team, we encourage the student to develop cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility, loyalty and a sense of contribution to a group effort.
For Upper School student-athletes, every effort will be made to provide multiple levels of team opportunities (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Third Team); however, participation numbers and/or league sponsorship may preclude some teams from being sponsored .
For Middle School student-athletes, we encourage and allow for participation by all students at many levels of competition. We hope to teach many values to Middle School students while they are engaged in the rigors of sport participation in a healthy team environment.
- Varsity Badminton IAAM-A Conference Regular Season Division Co-Champions
- Varsity Cross Country: IAAM-C Champions, two consecutive years
- Varsity Eventing Team: Champion, Mid-Atlantic Interschool Event; Champion, Elkridge-Harford Interschool Event
- Varsity Equitation Team: Zone 3 IEA Champions
- Varsity Field Hockey: IAAM A-Conference Regular Season Division Champions,
four years; four-time IAAM A-Conference Tournament Champions
- Varsity Golf IAAM Regular Season Champions and 2nd straight tournament runner-up
- Varsity Polo: U.S. Polo Association National Girls' Interscholastic Polo Champions 13 times since 1992
- Varsity Winter Soccer: IAAM B-Conference Regular Season Division Champions; IAAM B-Conference Tournament Champions, three consecutive years
- Varsity Tennis Singles Tournament Champion
We welcome to GFS Athletics! Learn more about our robust athletics program or visit our campus virtually at your convenience.
Jessy Morgan, Athletic Director
- Garrison Forest School is a member of the Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland (IAAM), the Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA), and the U.S. Polo Association.
- GFS fields 48 teams in 16 interscholastic sports, as well as a Dance Program and an extensive, nationally recognized Riding Program.
- The GFS team mascot is the Garrison Grizzly