Recognizing those who have dedicated their time and efforts to growing the game while inspiring youth polo athletes, the USPA proudly adds Schwartz to a select list of individuals who have made a profound impact on the sport.
Play Hard. Play Fast. Play Like A Girl.
Garrison Forest is the only girls' school in the United States to offer Polo. Since the late 1970s, when GFS’s Polo program was founded, Grizzly teams have been playing against—and beating coed and all-male high school, college and club teams across the country. This fast-paced game puts your skill, riding, strategy and teamwork to the test and shows you just what you are capable of.
Our coaches are former players with national reputations and awards who teach you strategy, riding and mallet techniques and care of the GFS polo ponies. The camaraderie among you and your teammates—and the many Polo alumnae who return each year to campus—creates a bond that will last a lifetime.
Polo is one of several equestrian sport options at Garrison Forest. Get more details.
- Varsity Polo has won 13 national championships.
- 12 former GFS players have won national Polo honors, including the Polo Training Foundation awards as GFS or collegiate players.
- Several Polo alumnae are current or former members of the prestigious Team USPA.
- Facilities include the D. & J. Smith Equestrian Center, two fully equipped barns with heated wash stalls, the Sheridan riding Center for Polo, a dressage ring, more than 15 private paddocks for private and group turn-out and two school-owned rigs and van service for shows and events.
- GFS is the only girls’ schools in the country to offer Polo.
- Polo counts for P.E. credit.
- Garrison Forest is one of a handful of Mid-Atlantic schools with two indoor rings.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
GFS Alumnae, Director of Polo Jenny Schwartz '11, Gabby Chiasera '22 and Assistant Director of Polo Cailin Phebus '18, took home the Feldman Cup at Seneca Polo Club on Sunday, June 11. Read more here!