Play Hard. Play Fast. Play Like A Girl.
Garrison Forest is the only girls' school in the United States to offer Polo. Since the late 1970s, when GFS’s Polo program was founded, Grizzly teams have been playing against—and beating coed and all-male high school, college and club teams across the country. This fast-paced game puts your skill, riding, strategy and teamwork to the test and shows you just what you are capable of.
"As a boarder from out of state, I feel like the polo team has become a second family. There is always something exciting happening in the ring and we have so much fun doing everything as a team!" -- Kaylin '19
Our coaches are former players with national reputations and awards who teach you strategy, riding and mallet techniques and care of the GFS polo ponies. The camaraderie among you and your teammates—and the many Polo alumnae who return each year to campus—creates a bond that will last a lifetime.
Polo is one of several equestrian sport options at Garrison Forest. Get more details.
- Varsity Polo has won 13 national championships.
- 12 former GFS players have won national Polo honors, including the Polo Training Foundation awards as GFS or collegiate players.
- Several Polo alumnae are current or former members of the prestigious Team USPA.
- Facilities include the D. & J. Smith Equestrian Center, two fully equipped barns with heated wash stalls, the Sheridan riding Center for Polo, two large outdoor rings, a dressage ring, more than 15 private paddocks for private and group turn-out and two school-owned rigs and van service for shows and events.
- GFS is the only girls’ schools in the country to offer Polo.
- Polo counts for P.E. credit.
- Garrison Forest is one of a handful of Mid-Atlantic schools with two indoor rings.