BOARDING at GFS
Welcome to Residential Life at Garrison Forest School! Our boarding program goes beyond providing care and support for the students who reside on campus; here, we fully integrate the boarding experience into our educational philosophy with a strong program that prioritizes character development, global competency and wellness.
As a part of our boarding community, you’ll find a distinctive combination of living on campus and the many opportunities that a day school offers. Our program is designed to give young women the confidence to become:
- Successful scholars. You’ll refine skills that will set you up as a lifelong learner: managing your time, balancing academic work and extracurriculars, being a respectful community member and resolving interpersonal conflicts with peers.
- Successful and informed citizens. Programs designed to educate you on what’s happening outside of “the Forest” provide opportunities for students to advocate and communicate the needs of the community. Community events and meals bring our day and boarding community together and give you the opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Successful adults. We prioritize the importance of balance and wellness, and focus on instilling a sense of independence and responsibility that will prepare you for what’s next.
At every step, you’ll succeed with the Residential Life Faculty there to continuously guide you. The boarding program at GFS gives all girls the support they need to continue to thrive and grow. We hope you will choose to learn more!
- Tradition + Innovation: Our boarding program was established over 100 years ago but continues to be forward-facing, including the recent opening of a new dorm!
- National and International: Students join us from across the country and around the world.
- Flexible/Short-Term Boarding: Click to learn more about options that make boarding feasible for any student.
- Location, location, location: The GFS campus is conveniently located within a short drive to an airport and train station and is about an hour drive from Washington, DC, about two hours from Philadelphia and about three hours from New York City.
Welcome to Boarding at GFS! Learn more about our boarding program or visit our campus virtually.
Rachel Ayers Waller, Director of Residential Life
What is Boarding at Garrison Forest all about? Call the Admission Office at 410-559-3111 to learn more!
"I chose to board at GFS because of the lifelong friendships that Garrison Girls form. I was looking for fulfilling academic opportunities and a learning environment where I would thrive. Being a part of a community where students have close relationships with their teachers has helped me to succeed as a student and a young woman."
- Erika S. '24