Garrison Forest School has an opening for an Assistant Director of Admission (ADA) to join a team who oversees the application process from age three through grade twelve. The ADA will be responsible for introducing Garrison Forest School, its curriculum, activities and special events to prospective students and family members considering Preschool through Grade 12, along with the Director and other staff. This is a full-time, 12-month position and evening and weekend work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ADA primary focus is on strategy development, recruiting, selecting and enrolling a student population, in grades six through twelve, and in keeping with the school's mission and strategic objectives students. The ADA supports the Director of Admission in all aspects of admission work in addition to their own specific responsibilities:
· Primary focus is on strategy development, recruiting, selecting and enrolling students in grades six through twelve
· Organizing and conducting interviews and visits with prospective families
· Managing student tour guides and parent volunteers
· Willingness to travel for events
· Planning and managing admission and transition events for new and current families
· Working with the admission team on all aspects of enrollment management.
· Help with boarding recruitment, which is coordinated by another member of the team
· It is important that the ADA be a visible member of the community and be well-known to both the students and faculty.
· B.A. degree
· Prior experience in independent schools
· Strong people and presentation skills, good writing skills, excellent follow through, sophisticated phone manner
· High comfort level with children and adolescents
· Extremely well organized and detail oriented, as well as a good decision maker
· Perform job autonomously as required and be able to promptly disseminate information to all appropriate people including faculty, administration, staff, students and parents.
· GFS seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices. Demonstrated ability working in a diverse community is essential.
Garrison Forest School is an independent, all-girls’ day and boarding school with a coed Preschool, located in Owings Mills, Maryland, minutes northwest of Baltimore City. Founded in 1910, the school enrolls 560 students in Preschool through 12th Grade. 76% of the faculty hold advanced degrees, and 34% of the faculty have ten or more years of service at GFS. The student-teacher ratio is 7:1. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Our extensive professional development program allows faculty and staff to tackle pressing educations challenges, enhancing our academic and co-curricular program and modeling for our students the purposeful risk-taking, collaborative and creative problem solving we expect from our students. To learn more about the school’s mission, program and strategic vision, visit our website (gfs.org).
Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school-administered programs.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can be mailed to Meisha Dockett, Human Resources Manager, Garrison Forest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117. No telephone calls, please.