Garrison Forest School is in search of a dedicated individual to serve as a part-time Campus Safety Officer. Assigned to the Saturday and Sunday, 2 P.M. to 10 P.M. shift, and is expected to be available for occasional overtime, and holiday work; for this permanent year round position.
Campus Safety Officers patrol buildings and campus grounds on foot, vehicle & bicycle to deter crime, monitor for fire protection and mechanical malfunctions; ensure the security of all campus facilities; patrol property to include all buildings and outlying areas and parking lots; enforces parking regulations; and conducts traffic control as required. Provide safety escort service for students, faculty and vendors as needed. Investigates reports of security breaches and responds to emergency situations. The criticality of error in this position is very high, and all tasks (including routine) tasks must be done with precision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol campus
- Answer calls for service (emergency and routine); providing service within the scope of training and ability.
- Investigate malfunctions observed or reported, including but not limited to lighting, unsecure doors and windows, etc.
- Monitor and respond to Fire Alarm systems.
- Prepare daily activity and incident reports.
- Access and secure campus buildings.
- Identify property maintenance and risk management related needs and submit work orders as appropriate.
- Make appropriate communications in accordance with established procedures to issues requiring prompt attention.
- Assist allied public safety personnel in emergency situations.
- Provide vehicle traffic control on campus.
- Escort students, faculty and service providers.
- Provide a high degree of visibility while on duty.
- Deliver positive interactions with all members of the community.
- Tasks necessary to satisfy the mission of the Department not specified above.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of the Director to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Starting pay is $13.00 per hour. All prospective employees are mandated to submit to finger printing and criminal background check, and may be subject to drug screening.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver's license, with less than 2 points, and reliable transportation
- 5 years experience preferred
Garrison Forest School, located in Baltimore County, Maryland, is an independent, non-sectarian day and boarding school educating girls in grades K-12, with a coed preschool. GFS offers a national and international boarding program for girls in grades 8-12. Founded in 1910 and set on a stunning 110-acre campus in suburban Owings Mills, Garrison Forest offers a program with a wealth of opportunities in Academics, the Arts, and Athletics. Confident, creative and compassionate, GFS girls are encouraged to be fully engaged within the school and with the local and global community around them as they develop their passions and their own authentic voices in a spirited and joyful environment.
Candidates should support the Mission, Core Values, and Statement of Respect of Garrison Forest School. Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school-administered programs. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can be mailed to Meisha Dockett, Human Resources Manager, Garrison Forest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117. No telephone calls, please.