Congratulations to the nine Garrison Forest students who won 17 Scholastic Awards in the annual arts and writing competition! This year's competition marked the largest number of Scholastic Awards presented in GFS history.
The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards are the nation's longest-running and most prestigious recognition program for creative teens in grades 7-12. In 2017, students submitted more than 330,000 works of art and writing to the Scholastic Awards.
Submissions are juried by luminaries in the visual and literary arts, some of whom are past award recipients. Panelists look for works that best exemplify originality, technical skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision.
Garrison Forest Awards
Elizabeth Bonsal '18 Silver, Drawing, Frizzy Fawn Girl
Soleil Gohoure '19 Silver, Painting, "Living in a Fishbowl"
Diana Gonzales '18 Honorable Mention, Drawing, "Grounded Roots
Selena Han '20 Gold, "Frida's Shoe"
Natalia Pei '19
• Honorable Mention. Painting, "R.T"
• Honorable Mention, Painting, "Machine"
• Silver, Painting, Tangerine
Sarah Peng '18
• Gold, Mixed Media, "Trapped"
• Honorable Mention, Art Portfolio, "Dreamy Reality;"
• Honorable Mention, Painting, "Positive Outlook"
• Honorable Mention, Painting, "Cat Fantasy"
• Honorable Mention, Painting, "Ephemeral Spring"
• Silver, Painting, "Burning Earth"
Sally Pfeiffer '18 Gold, Film Animation, "We Like It"
Hannah Reynolds '18 Honorable Mention, Art Portfolio, "Alienated"
Kate Williams '18 Silver, Drawing, " Justice"