Garrison Forest School has an opening for a Stable Staff to begin immediately. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), year-round, position, working four, 10 hour days between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Overtime opportunities will be available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the feeding, haying, and watering of riding and polo horses. This includes administering medications and supplements. Scrubbing and disinfecting of feed and water buckets.
- Responsible for the turning out and bringing in of horses. Evaluating horses for injuries, lameness, and sickness and report to Stable Supervisor.
- Responsible for daily treatment of horse injuries and maintenance conditions.
- Responsible for haying paddocks, minor repairs to fence line, cleaning and filling paddock troughs.
- Responsible for throwing down hay for daily usage, keeping stables swept on a daily basis, de-cobweb stables, rake up around stables, keep paving and court yard clean, take out trash, and do stable laundry.
- Assist with farrier, veterinarian, and show preparation when needed.
- Must have reliable transportation for all weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does NOT include riding, training or instructing.
We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable candidate who is looking for a long term position to become a dedicated member of our team. Pay will start at $11.25 an hour (may be flexible for those with more knowledge and experience) and this position offers full benefits and paid leave time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of horse handling experience
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10 hours a day
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and walk regularly.
- Must have reliable transportation for all weather conditions as barn
- Employee is considered essential personnel.
Garrison Forest School, located in Baltimore County, Maryland, is an independent, non-sectarian day and boarding school educating girls in grades K-12, with a coed preschool. GFS offers a national and international boarding program for girls in grades 8-12. Founded in 1910 and set on a stunning 110-acre campus in suburban Owings Mills, Garrison Forest offers a program with a wealth of opportunities in Academics, the Arts, and Athletics. Confident, creative and compassionate, GFS girls are encouraged to be fully engaged within the school and with the local and global community around them as they develop their passions and their own authentic voices in a spirited and joyful environment.
Candidates should support the Mission, Core Values, and Statement of Respect of Garrison Forest School. Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school-administered programs. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Information can be mailed to Meisha Dockett, Human Resources Manager, Garrison Forest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117. No telephone calls, please.