Garrison Forest is in search for a dedicated individual to provide routine and emergency first aid for day and boarding students in the Health Center Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:45 AM - 4:00 PM. Thursday evenings and some weekend nursing support by phone or in person in case of emergencies in boarding community from 4:00 PM Friday through 7:00 AM Monday.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow GFS protocols established to respond to COVID-19, including caring for Covid-like illness in students until a guardian’s arrival on campus. Aid in contact tracing and communication for appropriate community.
- Implement nursing process to respond to routine and special health needs (i.e. diabetes, allergies, asthma, psychiatric/emotional issues) of day and boarding students;
- Administer medications and treatments per physician orders;
- Treat illnesses in accordance with the standards of the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the Board of Nursing;
- Manage scheduling and transportation for boarding students health related appointments;
- Maintain a cumulative health record on each student;
- Coordinate and communicate health care services (i.e. flu shots, meningitis vaccines) to school community as indicated including necessary staff education;
- Utilize principles of safety and infection control;
- Assure student compliance with Maryland regulations for immunizations;
- Maintain and organize medical equipment and supplies for the Health Center;
- Assist with annual hearing and vision screening.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
Garrison Forest School, located in Baltimore County, Maryland, is an independent, non-sectarian day and boarding school educating girls in grades K-12, with a coed preschool. GFS offers a national and international boarding program for girls in grades 8-12. Founded in 1910 and set on a stunning 110-acre campus in suburban Owings Mills, Garrison Forest offers a program with a wealth of opportunities in Academics, the Arts, and Athletics. Confident, creative and compassionate, GFS girls are encouraged to be fully engaged within the school and with the local and global community around them as they develop their passions and their own authentic voices in a spirited and joyful environment.
Candidates should support the Mission, Core Values, and Statement of Respect of Garrison Forest School. Garrison Forest School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, religion or disability in its employment policies and other school-administered programs. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information can be mailed to Meisha Dockett, Human Resources Manager, Garrison Forest School, 300 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117. No telephone calls, please.