For the second year in a row, Garrison Forest has recognized students of the visual arts program who are bound for art colleges in the fall. On Tuesday, May 14, three students were joined with their families, arts faculty, college counselors and Head of School Chris Hughes in his office for the annual Arts Signing Day.
- Ralston Finney, Maryland Institute College of Art
- Yuchen Pei, School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University
- Arielle Alexander, Maryland Institute College of Art
Students were excited to add their signatures on the wooden plaque originally signed by the first five art college-bound students. Garrison Forest is happy to continue the tradition of acknowledging students who have excelled in the arts and plan to pursue an artistic passion in their careers.
Following the signing ceremony, the GFS visual arts program celebrated and acknowledged a total of nine seniors who plan on majoring in art in college.
- Serena Shafer, Drexel University
- Lucy Saper, Towson University
- Leyla Bedford, Towson University
- Emily Vogel. Drexel University
- Sarie Keller, Tulane University
- Meredith Iodice, Davidson College
Congratulations, students, and best wishes to all of you as you head off to college next year!